Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Adventure

What you do on Mother's Day when you your kids have flown the coop?... I went up soaking at the hot springs, then went bird watching/photo safari-ing at the Bear River Bird Refuge with my birdy-nerdy friend April. I know I was just there a few weeks ago, but it was exciting today, because I just used my Christmas present from my mom to buy myself a new camera lens, a really cool 18-200mmm zoom lens, so for the first time ever I was able to get some decent bird pictures. I admit that the bird shots are all cropped, as even with my new baby lens I could not get as close as I wanted. I'm usually a purist, and prefer to take pictures that don't need editing, but my bird pictures really called for a little cropping to get rid of excess background and highlight the birds. Gotta love digital photography. I was pretty pleased with my new all purpose lens!

No comments: