Sunday, May 05, 2013

Adventures in Rehab 5/4/13 The Road to Eureka

The view from the west side of Utah Lake.

Ever since a trip to Great Basin National Park many years ago. where, on the return home. we drove the 'back way', through Eureka and around the west side of Utah Lake, I have wanted to head back there with my camera. Since I needed to head south for wedding reception I decided to make a day of it, drive the long, long away around and have a little photo safari. I always regretted not stopping for pictures of this old Sinclair Station years ago. The memory of that cool old place it was haunted me ever since. Wishing I had stopped. I was thrilled when I got to Elberta, Utah and found it still existed. There's not much in Elberta.. the old Sinclair and he boarded up remnants of a much more modern gas station.

No comments: